Today is also a certificate milestone. By design. A couple months ago, I was redoing my skill queue, and realized that I could have the highest level of Core Competency within my first year of playing. Rearranging my skill queue, I set it up so that I would get Core Competency (Elite) on the anniversary of my first year of play.
My only regret for this first year is not making a serious effort to get to Fanfest 2012. There is always Fanfest X in 2013, but this most recent Fanfest had a certain appeal after all was said and done. Fanfest 2012 may be the last of its kind.
It's been a pretty good year in EVE. Here is a list of some highlights throughout the year:
- Joined the EVE University nest; learned the fundamentals of the game. EVE University do the fundamentals well.
- Started Poetic Discourse.
- Was given a shove out of the nest, after I bitched about the state of the nest.
- Had a bunch of fun trolling EVE University drama and ineptitude on the blog, Twitter, and EVE Online forums.
- Discovered Sindel's legs.
- Wrote some fiction.
- Circumnavigated New Eden through null security space only.
- Joined the EVENews24 blogger team.
- Ganked my first exhumer in high security space.
- Created my alt, Scottish Play.
- Moved out to null security space; played the solo game.
- Bookmarked all of Stain; sold seven sets of those bookmarks.
- Was added to the EVE Blog Pack.
- Core Competency (Elite) certificate acquired.
- 18.8M skill points.